Monday, September 3, 2012

September currently!

New month, so that means it's time for a new currently!  Go link up with Farley to join in the fun!


My favorite things:  I'm loving powerpoint so much this year.  Since reading teacher blogs and seeing all the amazing things people have created, and especially after learning that Kristen uses powerpoint for all of her beautiful things she creates, I started fiddling with it some more and have really found that it is an incredible tool to use!

The fun fonts lend themselves to that too.  I love finding new, fun, FREE fonts to spice up the things I make!

And I already feel like I really belong at my school, even after only being there two weeks now.  The reading teacher mentioned in a staff meeting that she loved the way I was starting to teach root words to my kids (which is a new school-wide endeavor for my building this year) and asked ME to be the guinea pig to have my class create a display for the reading teachers' bulletin board in the hallway - and in time for open house tomorrow too! Hehe.  I can't stress enough just HOW MUCH happier the beginning of this school year feels compared to last year.  SO MUCH HAPPINESS.  Even amidst still feeling like I'm trying to get my feet on the ground as far as lesson planning and expectations of what my students can do.  But I just have to remind myself to keep breathing, keep working at it, and NOT to stress too much.  It will all come in time. :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying your school year so far! I love fun fonts too! As sad as it is, they kind of make my day.

    coveredinglitterandglue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the September Currently!
    I am at a new school this year too and so far I LOVE IT. The staff, principal and my students are great! I love my new classroom! I am excited for this school year! I just want more time to rest :) I feel like I spent my whole summer planning for this year. Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    PS- I am also having a Labor Day Flash Sale on my TpT Store.

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you are enjoying your new school! I hope the rest of the year goes well!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola fellow esl teacher. I teach first but am esl trained. Love that you have your SIOP strategies posted. Great teaching strategies for all students. When you get a chance stop by my blog. I have some word file folder freebies that are great for our esl kiddos. Ciao for now and keep the magic.
    Firstgradefairymagic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. SIOP and student engagement

    ReplyDelete